Current Issue: Vol. 7-1 (03/09/2009)



Subscribe to the mailing list to receive notification of new surveys and articles.

[more info / unsubscribe]

DRAVEN: HOSTILE ARSENAL`Crusade GUARDIANS PierceTheVeins Fenris Mastermind Vengeance LEGION ELITE Imperial SUPERIOR Descendants REVENGE AllStars CONQUEROR CONQUEST Renegades Celestial Beings Enrage ... [go]

Ashraf Ahmed : real-world context can be inserted into a virtual world, effectively turning the virtual world into a forum for real-world contexts. ... [go]

Roflmaodoodoodadoodoo: I didn't get it from the generator, but I saw it in Arathi Basin and thought it was the best ... [go]

Keesha: In awe of that aneswr! Really cool! ... [go]

Bobbo: This does look promising. I'll keep cmoing back for more. ... [go]



L10 Web Stats Reporter 3.15 LevelTen Hit Counter - Free Web Counters
LevelTen Web Design Company - Website, Flash & Graphic Designers

The Demographics of Guilds

In terms of guild migration across games, 26% said that their guild existed (or currently exists) in a different game. Of these respondents, 56% had been part of the guild in a different game and migrated over, while the remaining 44% had joined only in the current game. The overall remaining players (74%) noted that their guild did not exist previously in any other game.

Most players have been in their guilds for 1 year or less (64%), although about a quarter of respondents have been in their guilds for more than 2 years.

When asked to estimate the number of active players in their guilds (excluding known alts), the average guild size was estimated to be 38.9. The median was 30. And about a quarter of players had 10 or fewer players in their guilds. This is significantly higher than the number we've seen in the PARC PlayOn data. It's not clear though how much this is due to selection bias and how much it is due to shifting guild composition.

>> [Next Page]

Tags: guilds (11)
Posted on October 9, 2008 | Comments (27) | TrackBack (0)

To speed up load-times on multi-page articles, comments are now only loaded on the last page of an article.

Tribal design by snoopydoo. Crusader graphic by Gravity. All other materials available at The Daedalus Project are copyright 2003-2006 by Nick Yee.